- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, NY (May 2021)
- Master of Science with a focus on radio reporting. Published a story on Chinatown businesses during the pandemic. Produced a 30-minute audio piece about efforts to increase diversity at city’s elite public high schools. Received the Fred M. Hechinger Education Journalism Award and radio workshop class award.
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA (August 2017)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism), minor in Spanish. Graduated magna cum laude with Interdisciplinary Honors. Phi Beta Kappa. Produced multimedia research project on refugee housing during study abroad program in Berlin.
- Production intern, NPR/WAMU, Washington, D.C. (Oct. 2021-present)
- Pitch and produce show segments, book guests, conduct research and engage with listeners on social media for national news talk show 1A.
- News intern, KFSK, Petersburg, Alaska (June-Sept. 2021)
- Hosted local Morning Edition broadcast, meeting NPR time stamps. Reported on community events, invasive species in the Tongass National Forest and pandemic-related supply shortages at local businesses. Produced three-part series on debate over local healthcare.
- Assignment editor, KUSI News, San Diego, Calif. (Feb.-May 2018)
- Worked with network of news sources to identify breaking news and set up interviews for local TV station on weekends. Assigned reporters and photographers to cover local police, crime and fires. Oversaw purchase of freelance footage.
- Production assistant, NPR Music, Washington, D.C. (Sept.-Dec. 2017)
- Scheduled and oversaw publication of content for Slingshot, NPR Music’s emerging artist project. Helped organize and produce collaborations with member stations, social media posts, and visual presentation of Slingshot content, Weekend Edition pieces and other aspects of the project. Created editorial guidelines for member stations to use when producing Slingshot content. Edited audio productions for web and radio.
- Features intern, The Seattle Times (March-June 2017)
- Wrote arts, music and entertainment pieces for The Seattle Times. Researched and pitched original story ideas, wrote assigned articles, conducted interviews and worked with editors.
- Research associate, UW Department of History (Sept. 2015-Sept. 2017)
- As part of the Mapping American Social Movements project, created interactive maps of social movements by reading and analyzing newspaper archives and secondary sources. Wrote and edited essay contributions for project website. Mapped 2,600 underground newspapers from the Vietnam War era.
- 2020 Facebook Journalism Project Scholarship, NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- Columbia University School of Journalism
- Fred M. Hechinger Education Journalism Award
- Elaine Exton ('33) Scholarship in Advanced Education Reporting
- Gurley Brown Institute for Media Innovation Scholarship
- University of Washington
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2017
- Annual Dean's List: 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17
- Pioneer Award for Excellence in Community Journalism, 2017
- John Impola Endowment for Journalism Education, 2016
- UW Purple and Gold Scholarship Award
- Spanish (advanced; able to conduct interviews)
- Audio recording with Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-100MKIII, and Marantz recorders
- Audio editing with Adobe Audition, Audacity, NPR’s Multitrack Editor
- Digital mapping with Tableau, ArcGIS, ggplot