- Junior talent agent, Shamon Freitas Talent Agency (Feb. 2018-present)
- Communicate with talent and clients; coordinate auditions and bookings; compile packages of talent for client consideration. Provide feedback to talent on headshots, portfolios, resumes and reels. Create posts for agency's Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Assignment editor, KUSI News (Feb.-May 2018)
- Worked with network of news sources to identify breaking news and set up interviews. Assigned reporters and photographers to stories.
- Production assistant, NPR Music (Dec. 2017-Jan. 2018)
- Scheduled and oversaw publication of content for Slingshot, NPR Music's new emerging artist project. Helped organize and produce collaborations with member stations, social media posts, visual presentation of Slingshot content, Weekend Edition pieces and other aspects of the project.
- Created editorial guidelines for member stations to use when producing Slingshot content.
- Managed audio and visual assets sent in by member stations.
- Programs and partnerships intern, NPR Music (Sept.-Dec. 2017)
- Wrote about new songs, music videos and other events for NPR.org. Edited and mixed audio productions for web and radio.
- Produced webpages for member station programs, Jazz Night in America, and other NPR Music content. Transcribed, fact checked and edited interviews; contacted labels for permissions; and created headlines and promotional language.
- Features intern, The Seattle Times (March-June 2017)
- Wrote arts, music and entertainment pieces for The Seattle Times. Researched and pitched original story ideas, wrote assigned articles, conducted interviews and worked with editors.
- DJ, Rainy Dawg Radio (Sept. 2016-June 2017)
- Played music, interviewed student artists and managed online playlist during hour-long live show on student radio station each week.
- Editorial intern, Crosscut (Jan.-March 2017)
- Wrote news articles about state legislation, education and local nonprofits for Crosscut, a public media news site covering the Pacific Northwest. Researched and pitched original stories, conducted interviews and edited photos.
- Research associate, UW Department of History (Sept. 2015-Sept. 2017)
- As part of the Mapping American Social Movements project, created interactive maps of social movements by reading and analyzing newspaper archives and secondary sources. Wrote and edited essay contributions for project website.
- Editor and staff writer, The Daily (Jan. 2015-Jan. 2017)
- As a staff writer, wrote news, arts and features articles for The Daily, UW's student newspaper.
- As podcast editor, created weekly podcast to accompany written edition of The Daily. Selected the most important or most interesting stories of the week, interviewed reporters and produced audio content.
- As special sections editor, pitched and edited stories for special editions of The Daily.
- Communications intern, Father Joe’s Villages (June 2015-Sept. 2015)
- Designed and edited brochures, posters, newsletters and other documents in English and Spanish for Father Joe's Villages, San Diego's largest nonprofit homeless service provider. Worked with marketing team to develop effective materials to encourage donations and participation in events.
- University of Washington, 2014-2017
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism), minor in Spanish, magna cum laude, received August 2017
- 3.91 cumulative GPA
- Interdisciplinary Honors Program
- Ear Training, NPR
- Learned to identify distortion, plosives, compression, low bit rate, hiss and other audio recording problems and how to solve them, either while recording or during post production.
- Trauma Training, UW Department of Communication
- Learned techniques for interviewing sources following a traumatic event.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2017
- Annual Dean's List: 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17
- Pioneer Award for Excellence in Community Journalism, 2017
- John Impola Endowment for Journalism Education, 2016
- UW Purple and Gold Scholarship Award
- Girl Scout Gold Award, 2014
- Spanish (advanced)
- Photo editing with Adobe Photoshop
- Audio editing with Audacity, MultiTrack Editor
- Video editing with iMovie, Adobe Premiere
- Digital mapping with Tableau, ArcGIS Story Map
- Basic webpage design with HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Wordpress
- Canon t2i DSLR camera, Tascam DR-40 audio recorder
- Social media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat